Pilates is a form of exercise that offers a different way of thinking about your body. It is highly recommended by healthcare specialists for people with back and neck problems. All our teachers are fully qualified Pilates instructors, specifically trained to encourage an active form of healthcare for everyone.
How Pilates can help
Pilates exercises help strengthen the muscles around the spine, which support and stabilise the core of your body. Strengthening these postural muscles enables your body to work more efficiently, therefore reducing the risk of causing injury to other structures. Pilates exercises target the deep postural muscles, which in today’s society are so underused, and works by building strength from the inside out, rebalancing posture and bringing the body into correct alignment.
Practising Pilates regularly leads to benefits including:
- Better posture
- Fewer incidences of back and neck pain
- Greater strength and muscle tone for you more control and stability
- Improved flexibility
- Increased joint mobility
- Lower stress levels
- A flatter stomach and trimmer waist
- More efficient respiratory and circulatory systems
- Fewer headaches resulting from postural problems